The St. Ann Food Pantry Ministry services Johnston County families and individuals in need. Please read over our rules and hours in English and Spanish. This is one of our busiest and most successful ministries at the Parish. If you would like to make a contribution to the Food Pantry fund, please visit this link.
- We will soon be re-locating to the new brick Parish Center building across from Church.
- Hours of Operation are every Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- Closed Good Friday, the Friday after Thanksgiving, the Friday between Christmas and New Years Day, and other holidays and church holy days.
- Requirements: photo identification with Johnston County address
- May receive groceries one time a month
- Horario de atención son todos los viernes desde las 10:00 am hasta el mediodía.
- Cerrado el Viernes Santo , el viernes después de Acción de Gracias, el Viernes entre Navidad y Año Nuevo , y otras fiestas y días santos de la iglesia.
- Requisitos: identificación con fotografía con la dirección del Condado de Johnston
- Puede recibir víveres una vez al mes
Please contact Cathy Penny at 919-934-2084 x229 for additional information.
St. Ann Food Pantry Continues Stability for Families Program
The goal of the Stability for Families program is to work with clients and empower them with practical tools that will assist them in daily life. A series of classes have been planned this year beginning in March 2016. These workshops begin at 9 am, prior to the food pantry opening, and last approximately forty-five minutes.
Classes are held on the church property. Clients exit each workshop with strategies to improve their life, health and financial standing. St. Ann Food Pantry will offer six classes this year:
March – Scams to Avoid (taught by Pat Vesey)
April – How to Plant and Grow Green Peppers (Lisa Deeren, Linda Giesecko, Bill Warren, Marie Mays)
June – Nutritious Summer Snacks with story time (Julie Woodcock and Lisa Deeren)
August – Pancake Storytime (Julie Woodcock and Lisa Deeren)
October – Game Show Theme (Linda Giesecko, Lisa Deeren, Pat Vesey)
November – Save $5 A Week (Pat Vesey)
A food tasting, using similar food that is supplied in clients’ food bags, accompanies some of the classes; class attendees are provided with recipes.
You “are masterpieces of God’s creation, made in his own image, destined to live forever, and deserving of the utmost reverence and respect…”
– Pope Francis