FIRST COMMUNION PREPARATION
There are two years of preparation in order to children received their Communion.
– 1st Year Preparation (1YP) where children are trained in basic faith formation and main prayers.
– 2nd Year Preparation (2YP) They are trained in the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist.
ELEMENTARY FIRST COMMUNION
Children from 1st grade to 5th grade are part of this ministry of sacramental preparation. There are two classes:
– 1st class: 1st grade to 3rd grade ( Catechist)
– 2nd class: 4th grade and 5th grade (Catechist)
There are classes on Sunday mornings 9:30 AM in English, 11:00 AM in Spanish, and Saturdays at 5:30 PM.
MIDDLE FIRST COMMUNION (ST. PAUL MINISTRY)
For students from 6th grade to 8th grade. They attend on Tuesdays 6:00-7:30 PM. Classes start on Sep 10th.
HIGH FIRST COMMUNION (ST. PETER’S MINISTRY)
Students from 9th grade to 11 grade. They will come on Wednesdays 6:00 – 7:30 PM. Classes start on Sep 11th.
Will be there parent’s meeting?
Yes. it will be on Tuesday, Aug 27th 6:00 PM at Parish Center, English language. Also, on Wednesday, Aug 28th 6:00 PM will be in Spanish.
Will I receive a call or letter in the mail confirming my participation in the program?
No. When you enroll you will receive a sheet with all necessary information, but we will through email.
What are my responsibilities as a parent?
– Bring my child to Sunday Mass.
– Bring my loved one to her/his regular class.
– As a parent to come to your monthly Faith formation session on the 2nd Sunday of the month, starting on October, at 9:30 AM in English.